Piercing Information / Policies
Walk-Ins are welcome for piercings at our Ledgewood location only! If you would like to make an appointment for a piercing, please call the studio during regular business hours. Some piercings are dependent on the client’s anatomy and may not be done. If you are unsure, please come in and speak with a professional before deciding on booking a piercing. If you have a medical condition we may require a doctor’s note before piercing you. Please call ahead to make sure if a note is needed at 1-833-PURE-INK.
Be sure to review our age limits and check out our price list below prior to booking any appointments! These prices are for the PROCEDURE ONLY. Jewelry prices vary depending on the specific piercing.
- For any piercings other than earlobes, you must be at least 13 years of age or older to get pierced in the state of New Jersey. This is STATE LAW! There are NO EXCEPTIONS!
- If you are under 18 years old, you will need to have a parent or legal guardian present, and provide the following information:
- Minors must have a parent or legal guardian to be pierced/have jewelry changed/have piercings stretched.
You must also provide proof of relationship. The following are acceptable ID:
- State Drivers License and Passports are both forms of acceptable identification for both parent and minor on which both last names and address match.
- A school issued photo ID or yearbook picture accompanied by a birth certificate is acceptable identification for minors younger than 17.
- If the parent has a different last name and address than the minor then legal documentation (birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce papers, adoption papers, etc.) must be provided to verify the relationship.
- If the legal guardian is not the parent, the adoption papers must be provided to verify the guardian’s legal right to sign for the minor.
- If you are coming in with your baby for earlobe piercings, we only require the birth certificate for the baby and the parent’s ID. Not all practitioners will pierce babies, so if you plan on bringing in your own for ear piercings, please call ahead.
PIERCING RESTRICTIONS FOR MINORS:
- WE DO NOT PIERCE INFANTS
- Ages 6 – 12: We will only pierce Earlobes. Nothing else.
- Ages 13 - 15: Earlobes, and Basic Cartilage.
- Ages 16+: In addition to the above, we will also pierce a Tongue, and Nostril (No Genitals).
- Ages 18+: All piercings that are listed.